Redbridge Council is holding a support event on Wednesday, 26 July, to provide local people with information and advice to help with the rising cost of living.
The Cost of Living Fair is taking place between 10.30am and 1.30pm at Ilford Spark Lab 120-122 High Rd IG1 1DA.
During the event, there will be information about the help available to people struggling with the cost of living, including the support you can get.
The event will have multiple partners on hand to offer advice on the following:
- Support with managing money, housing and benefits
- Improving your wellbeing
- Finding work or setting up a business
- Support for parents, carers and families
- Improving your digital skills and other learning opportunities
- Where to go to get further support and help
- What the library has to offer, such as free books and resources in libraries and online, events and activities.
- Parenting support
- Ideas on free and cheap family activities for all ages
Organisations attending include:
Families Together, Redbridge Children’s Centres, Department for Work and Pensions. Many local services, Work Redbridge, Citizens Advice, Redbridge Domestic Abuse Support, Ilford Community Grocery, HSF team, Redbridge Institute of Adult Education, Libraries and several voluntary sector organisations.
No appointment is needed, and the event is open to everyone across the borough.